D#001: Soul2Soul Mediterranean (Portofino)



Portofino in Real Life is a small village near the city of Genoa on the North West coast of Italy.It is a famous and very expensive holiday resort known for its pitoresque harbour and its colorful buildings facing the shore.

Minnie Blanco (Minnie Atlass) and her husband Bonnie Blanco got inspired by Portofino in building their sim, Soul2Soul Mediterranean, and the care they put in decorating the sim created something extraordinary there.

I remember I had a friend telling me about this place a few months ago and, when I came back to SL after a break, I decided I had to find this place and see with my own eyes if it was really as beautiful as it was described to me. 

After struggling for a while to find it (you do not find the sim by looking for Portofino in the search panel), I found a post on Facebook talking about this sim and, needless to say, I immediately tped myself over. 


Upon landing, I found myself in the small square in front of the marina. My jaw dropped open at the view of the harbour and the buildings which are exactly what you would see on your arrival in Portofino in Real Life. 

I took my time exploring the area and the small - but lovely - cafès, enjoying the view and the sound of the seagulls and the waves hitting the sides of the small wooden boats and the pebble beach. 



From the landing point, a small staircase leads you to a beautiful cathedral - unfortunately only a decoration - and another staircase next to it brings you to one of the residential areas of the sim. Yes, Soul2Soul Mediterranean also offers beautiful villas and houses for rent, different sizes and prims allowance.






The sim really deserves a visit. Alone, or with your loved one(s), take some time to explore this beautiful place. 


SIM DETAILS

Name: Soul2Soul Mediterranean

Owners: Minne Blanco (Minnie Atlass) & Bonnie Blanco

URL: https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Beauty%20Isle/159/133/22

Website: https://soul2soulsl.com/soul2soul-mediterranean/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

D#017 Winterset Hollow (Winter 2022/2023)

D#014 The Dive Shop

D#016 Northern Shore (Sweden)