D#016 Northern Shore (Sweden)

Välkommen til Sverige!

Today I am visiting Northern Shore, part of White Dunes Estate, a group of rental sims owned by Elvira Kytori.

I am a huge lover of Scandinavian countries in real life and, as soon as I heard there was a Swedish-looking sim on SL, I decided I had to visit it.




Northern Shore is the representation of a typical fishing village like those that can be found along the coast of Sweden and the many little islands of its archipelagos. 

The landing point is at the sim's harbor, with the port spread over two islands and the waters in between the reign of the many seagulls and other seabirds living in the area. 

Here, we can find a small grocery shop next to the shipyard where a boat is apparently under construction (or being demolished?). Next to it, a very picturesque fresh seafood market offers visitors a rustic resting point - and a nice view over the opposite side of the harbor. 





By the way... Did you notice the massive crab just outside the shipyard? Impressive, isn't it? Swedes love crab, it is the main ingredient in many recipes like the Västkustsallad (West Coast salad). 

 

While exploring, I made friends with the seagulls that live in the harbor. There are so many and they do not even run if you try to approach them. 


On the other side of the harbor, there is a shed for fishing boats, a small ice cream shop, a boat rental, and a lovely coffee house (Hamncafeet). 




In the inner areas of both main islands, there are some typical Scandinavian-style cabins, little wooden houses painted with bright colors. The majority of them are rented but I saw a couple still available. Yes, in addition to being a perfect spot for photography lovers like me, this place offers some rentals and if you like places immersed in peace and tranquillity, which are also beautifully built, you might want to consider moving here.









I loved the way the cabins were decorated by their renters, they all look very cozy despite their limited space. Some of them also have a lovely view over the main attraction on the sim: the lighthouse! 





I hereby solemnly swear no privacy of any renters was violated as I made sure nobody was home before zooming in to take the pictures. Please always remember to respect the people living in the place you are visiting and do not enter their properties without permission.

The place is full of picturesque places where to take a picture. Every corner hides something you might want to take a picture of. At least this happened to me, I literally took hundreds of pictures. 







conclusions

As I wrote in one of my previous posts, I acknowledge how hard it is to build in SL, whether it is a fantasy sim or an RL replica. It takes a lot of effort in terms of planning, building, decorating, setting the whole place up... Elvira seriously made a great job here as I felt like being in Sweden for real, everything reminded me of that beautiful country. Even the sounds of the waves and the seagulls were simply perfect!

If you get the chance, go visit the sim yourself. You won't be disappointed. 

If you know of other Scandinavian-style sims, please leave me a comment down here, possibly with a landmark! 

Once again, thank you for reading 💗! Much love, Muti.


SIM INFOS:

Name: Northern Shore

Taxi: Northern Shore

Flickr: Northern Shore


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

D#017 Winterset Hollow (Winter 2022/2023)

D#014 The Dive Shop

D#007: Winter in New York & The Poconos Ski Resort (Winter 2020)